Friday, November 6, 2009

Read I John 1:5 - 2:2 once more.
Would you say that you have walked in the light this week?
What do you need to do today to walk in the light this day?


I've enjoyed listening to this song more than I remember because I'm learning to tell the truth a little better. Normally, after a week like this past one I would say that I've walked in the light because I look at it like a balance sheet - I was in the light more than I was in the dark so it was a success. God didn't send his Son to make sure I was turning a profit. All these times I've glossed over my sin and pretended it wasn't a big deal, I'm telling God that sending his Son to take my place was largely unnecessary. As I become more willing to confess my sin, I find that God is willing to forgive. He has been all along, but I have been the one holding it back. Let's enjoy our wonderful savior and his great mercy.

No comments:

Post a Comment