We also asked the question: Do you find it hard to love God? Don't be to quick to answer... really think it through and decide whether or not you love him with "all" your heart. If you, like me, find that you have lacked or are still lacking in this area, we gave twelve steps to take in order to fall fully in love with God. I won't list them all here but it basically reminds you of who God is and why you should love him.
Here are some of the points Chan made regarding his love:
- When we love, we’re free!
- We don’t have to worry about a burdensome load of commands, because when we are loving, we can’t sin.
- But the solution isn’t to try harder, fail, and then make bigger promises, only to fail again.
we are called to surrender everything for Christ
- While discussing the church in Laodicea, Chan shares “His counsel wasn’t to “try harder,” but rather to let Him in.”
- Something mysterious, even supernatural must happen in order for genuine love for God to grow in our hearts. The Holy Spirit has to move in our lives.
- There is nothing better than giving up everything and stepping into a passionate love relationship with God, the God of the universe who made galaxies, leaves, laughter, and me and you.
- God is the only true Giver, and He needs nothing from us. But still He wants us. He gave us life so that we might seek and know Him.
Will we ever take the steps to begin living that way? I don't know many people who do... how about you?