This week John Riddle kicked off our series on Prayer with a look at Matthew 6:9-13's Lord's Prayer. If you weren't there, you missed a great reminder on the importance of how we were instructed to pray. Here are a few of the notes I jotted down:
A. Our Father who art in Heaven
- Reminder to Pray as if we were talking to our Father
B. Your kingdom come... Dynamite realization...
- He is our Father
- He is Holy
- Praying God of Heaven intervenes & trusting his will is best
C. Our Daily Bread...
- Enough for today but not so much that we forget the supplier of that bread
D. Forgive us our debts as I forgive others...
- Same degree of grace as I give others
E. Lead us not into temptation but deliver us from evil...
- God sent his son so we could be rescued eternally
Do we Pray?
Do we realize who we are Praying to?
Do we trust the God we Pray to?
Don't miss next week as I lead us in the next discussion on Prayer. Oh yeah and don't forget to pray this week...